Buying vs Building Your Own Shed: What’s Right for You
There are several things you own for your garden and landscaping projects that you probably shouldn’t store in your home, due to the sake of your spouse, pets or family either questioning why the lawnmower is in the living room or wondering why the weed wacker is in the closet. Having a shed can prevent these types of weird situations while keeping your items stored safely, especially in the winter conditions.
Having the shed might seem suitable but most of the time you wonder if you should attempt the Pinterest Do-It-Yourself to build your own shed or if they should purchase a shed, built and ready to go. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you have the time and patience to build your own shed, or if you like the convenience of having a high-quality shed delivered, installed and assembled for you, Livingston Farm can help. Here are the advantages of building your own storage shed vs purchasing a prefab shed.
Building Your Own Shed:
Most people think that building a shed is the most reliable and cost-effective option. However, they do not know that you need a special skill, as well as patience and tools, are required to build a shed. Of course, when you build your own shed, you have complete control over the tools and the design. Some of the other factors that you will have to consider are:
- When was the last time you read a blueprint? How about cutting and building wood frames to build a structure? Building your own shed requires you to know what is required to build something that meets your standards
- Do you have all of the tools needed for cutting wood, transporting supplies, storing hardware out of reach of the children? You also might consider renting the tools instead of purchasing.
- If you have the tools and material to build, this is where some might find this option better if you have the skillset.
- The biggest advantage of building a shed is that you can manage it according to your schedule. You will not have to hire a professional and supervise them to provide direction or instructions on setup location.
- Thought about asking a friend or family member to help you build? This could be a fun weekend project, just as long as you supply the pizza and drinks.
- Building a shed is not as easy as it seems like because you will have to give extra time and effort.
- You will need proper planning and organization to assure that you can see through the complete project and get the best results once the shed has been prepared.
If you’re more of the do-it-yourself type, then stop reading. If you need assistance with prepping for the shed or interested in stone or landscaping supplies to enhance the shed location, Livingston Farm can help! Or, if you finished read the Building Your Own portion and you’re nervous about running the tools to cut pieces of wood or don’t have the time, continue on!
Buying a Shed:
It is a fact that some might think purchasing a shed could be a more expensive option since you’re paying for the prebuilt shed, installation services, delivery and setup; however, if you’re looking for a shed that’s made to last, it’s worth the investment. Here are some of the benefits that you’ll get when you plan to buy a shed from a reasonable retailer, such as Livingston Farm.
- Convenience: The biggest advantage of buying the shed is that it a very convenient option. Do you work 9-5, Monday-Friday with little time on the weekend to spare for building a shed? Do you have the energy to build a shed you get home from work? For some, the weekend is the only time they get the chance to relax and spend time with their family.
- Variety of Colors, Sizes and Features Offered: We give you the option of building your own shed with our online tool. We can match any color, size, style, add-on features – your options are endless. If you have something specific in mind, we can recreate it for you. Turn your Pinterest Shed dream into reality, without the stress and time. Send us the photo of a shed you’re interested in and we can handle the rest!
- Quality Products, Built to Last: When buying a shed from Livingston Farm, we use the best USA products to ensure your shed will withstand any season or harsh weather. Our sheds come with a warranty to protect your investment – something you won’t get when you build your own shed.
- Save Time and Money: Buying the shed only take minutes – unless of course, you’re not sure what color you should choose. Even then, buying a shed takes less time than it would to gather all the supplies, prepping, building and painting. Save time, money and enjoy a great customer experience when you purchase a shed.
Save some time by purchasing a shed, ready to go, from Livingston Farm and we’ll handle the rest. The only thing you’ll need to do is select the shed that fits your needs and give us a call. Our high-quality sheds typically take 3-4 weeks for delivery and we will work around your schedule to find a time to come prep your shed location, deliver and set it up to meet your requirements. Leave the work to us!
Have any questions about the right size to order or how to prep for the shed delivery? We’re here to help. Give Livingston Farm a call today at 802-382-0992 or swing by our office located at 40 South Route 116, Bristol, VT 05443. We’re just a short drive from Burlington, Williston and Shelburne. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Ready to get started on your next landscaping project or interested in designing your new outdoor shed? We have various specials and current savings happening now at our Bristol, VT location. Feel free to give us a call at 802.382.0992, complete the contact form below or swing by our location. We’re located at 40 South Route 116, Bristol, VT 05443 – just a short drive from Middlebury and Burlington, VT.